Wednesday, January 2, 2013

 

    Although I still have my Christmas tree to take down, the holidays have come to an end. Now it is time to get back to business. Many of you have headed back to work today. I believe some have headed back to school today. I need to get back to sewing.
   Today's project is to finish up my doll client's things. The picture above is the little boy doll that I dressed for her before the holidays. He is only 4 inches tall. His shirt and pants are removable with little snaps.  The little tam hat just makes the whole outfit. Now I need to dress a little girl doll in blue organza and do the bedding for a great iron work doll bed. This doll bed even has the metal spring base for the mattress. I am thinking it needs a pretty pink and blue quilt with lace trimmed white dust ruffle. Then I will add lace trimmed batiste sheets and pillow case. And to finish the look I will add a few ruffly throw pillows. I will be sure to show you all pictures when it is completed.
   There is no doubt that winter has dug its heels in. It is very very cold here, temperature of 18F with windchill of 4F degrees. There is about a foot of snow on the ground, and big icicles are hanging from the gutters. Oh yes, and the heat has been running non stop. Soon we will start receiving planting catalogs in the mail and we can count down to spring. It is nice to always have something to look forward to.
    I hope you all have a wonderful day. Please stay warm and remember to make someone smile today.


Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment