Monday, April 8, 2013

A New Week - A New Start

     Happy Monday to all of you. I hope you had a great weekend and that you are well. I awoke to glorious sunshine and bright blue skies. That always makes me smile and sets me up for a fabulous day. I truly am a solar girl.
     Last week I spent Spring nesting. I had company coming for the weekend and needed a guest room. Sadly the guest room had become a storage room for all my treasures I have collected over many years. I can now say that it is now a wonderful guest room and I am thrilled to check that off my list. It was long over due. Moving boxes and totes and baskets filled with things of course required being organized. It also resulted in moving around other things in other rooms. Which led to transitioning my bedroom from Winter to Spring, making it light and fresh and airy. Now the house is clean and neat and tidy and fresh. It makes me smile, giving me a huge sense of accomplishment.

 
Now it is time to get back to business. I need to make up for those busy cleaning days. I have 5 little bitty naked ceramic dolls waiting to be clothed. Also have a wedding party coming this week for alterations. It will be nice to sit down at the sewing machine without too many interruptions. It is much easier to sew when you can follow the flow.


     Here are the pictures of the last set of dolls I completed for my client. It is funny, I never thought I would be sewing for dolls when I turned my sewing into a business. But it has been a fun and profitable side path. I will admit those little tiny armholes can be frustrating at times, but with a deep breath and patience they always turn out perfect. It is great too, that my client gives me freedom in dressing the dolls. We have worked together enough that she knows I am on the same thought process as she is. That is a good partnership and a big compliment.
 


 



Wishing you all a fabulous day!
 
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment